Carpet Stain Removal Sydney
First Aid for Carpet Spills and Stain Removal
Act quickly. If liquid, blot up as much as possible with a clean absorbent cloth or tissue. If solid, scrape up as
much as possible with a spoon or the blunt edge of a knife.
Using a clean sponge or cloth, mop up the remaining spill carefully, working from the edges of the spill towards the
centre. Never over wet, scrub or rub too hard.
Blot dry with a new pad or absorbent cloth or tissue.
Reset the carpet or upholstery pile before it dries with a soft brush. This method of dealing with accidents
covers most of the everyday spills that occur in the home. For special treatment of some more difficult spills
and stains, see chart below.
- Type of stain
- Carpet Stain
- Carpet Stain Remedy
- Solvent Soluble
- Oil Paint
- Chewing Gum
- Food Oils
- Candle Wax
- Marking Pen
- Shoe Polish
- Methylated Spirits
- Lighter Fluid
- Tannin Stains
- Red Wine
- Soft Drinks
- Urine (fresh)
- Orange Juice
- Tomato Sauce
- Protein Stains
- Alkali Soluble
- General Food
- Water Stains
- Use to remove
- final trace
- of colour from
- orange juice
- Call Professionals
- if unsuccessful
Carpet Stain Removal – Safety Hints
- Plastic coasters prevent furniture stains on carpets. Please leave them until the carpet is dry
- Try to avoid stepping over hoses. You may trip.
- Flat bottomed or sealed based objects may cause damage. Please leave them off the carpet until is dry.
- Hard floors are slippery when walking off wet carpet. Please walk carefully.
- Please keep children and pets away from the van. We carry a lot of chemicals
- If your lounge has been cleaned, leave cushions off until dry. Staining may occur.
- Remember spots are easiest removed when fresh
- Have your carpet and upholstery professionally cleaned every 6-12 months DO NOT USE do-it-yourself wet shampooing or
dry cleaning methods on carpets.
- They can leave a residue which actually attracts and holds dirt.